Te Kuiti Warrior 4
A crafty hacker finds himself... 3rd4th time unlucky... captured by some of those dodgy shearer types in the sprawling wilderness that is Te Kuiti. Unknown to the lovers of wooly beasts, the ever-prepared champion of freedom has managed to stash his trusty lockpicks in his socks and is about to make his escape. Are you up for the challenge? Lateral Security and DRoc proudly present the Te Kuiti Warrior Challenge - PART 4!
This is a lockpicking competition to be run alongside the drinks at the Opera House on Saturday night. Contestants will be handcuffed in a cell and be required to circumvent multiple locks in order to gain their freedom. Each task will have 3 levels of difficultly so the event will be noob-friendly. The entire run is timed and points are awarded for each task.
- You have 5 minutes to complete the course.
- At the end of the run, any time left on the clock is converted to bonus points.
- Each second remaining is one point.
- If you haven’t completed the full course in 5 minutes, you get points for the levels completed.
- There are 7 levels. 5 Lock challenges and 2 bonus challlenges (guard and ninja).
- Each level has multiple difficulties. You can mix and match per level.
- For lock challenges, the bottom lock is easiest, the top lock is hardest.
- If you have time, you can complete multiple locks in the same level but you will only get points for the hardest lock opened.
- For handcuffs, the difficulties are:
- Easy - Single-lock cuffs in front
- Medium - Single-lock cuffs in back -or- double-lock cuffs in front
- Hard - double-lock cuffs in back
- Lameness - Only half-points will be awarded if you use a proper handcuff key to escape
- For the guard challenge, you must take out the guard. The difficulties are:
- Easy - Disable him where he stands
- Medium - Take basic steps to restrain or hide him
- Hard - Totally secure the guard and leave no trace of him
- Super - It is always possible that you could do something that so surprises and impresses the staff or the crowd watching you that even more points are awarded.
- Disqualification for popping the dummy.
- For the ninja challenge, you get points for inconspiciousness. The difficulties are:
- Easy - Leave behind no tools or belongings that could identify you
- Medium - Take steps to not look suspicious when heading to freedom
- Hard - Fully clothe yourself as one of your captors and leave no trace
- Super - As with the guard, it is always possible that you could do something that so surprises and impresses the staff or the crowd watching you that even more points are awarded.
- Only your first run counts for the prize.